Monday 8 June 2009

Grand Designs

Whilst dodging the job search on FFFOUND I came across Design Sponge's Sneek Peek section. A less tacky, online version of Cribs, it reminded me of a conversation I had with my friend Charles about what our dream houses would be like. My checklist is: eggshell blue, a cherry blossom tree, french mirrors, a porcelain free standing bath, fireplaces, bookcases galore, floorboards not carpet, a balcony, an iron wrought bed, a wall rammed with photoframes (different sizes, colours & shapes), a window seat...just general organised but beautiful chaos with a touch of modern.


The New York Times Home and Garden section is pretty fun for this kind of thing too, in fact they have before and after shots of Grey Gardens which I blogged about a few posts ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment