Sunday 14 March 2010

New York, A/W10

Rewinding back to New York Fashion week and my favourite looks...

Jill Stuart
I love the mix of smart and casual, yet again it's all about the layering.

Mulberry
The new Luella? Mulberry put its own spin on this season's retro feel with its clashing patterns and jackets.

Proenza Schouler

Sexy.

Marc Jacobs
Though I didn't think the collection was his best, I can't help but fall for these girly looks...the bow reminds me of the MiuMiu s/s10 dresses that are getting so much press lately.

Rodarte
Though it looked great on the catwalk (I managed to catch the live stream - you could feel the excitement even from the other side of the world and the music was amazing) and I always love the way they mix fabrics, it wasn't my favourite collection by the dream duo, I'm interested to see how this will be shot in editorial/be worn by the celebs...

Zac Posen

Just lovely.

Marchesa
Already a firm favourite on the red carpet, there were too many beautiful looks for me to choose from!


Disappointed by...

Alexander Wang

I admire that he was trying to do something different with his usual sports lux style, he said it was about 'growing up' ...but I really don't like his spin on the bankers suit or the Velvet and Chenille he used. Dare I say it...the collection just ended up looking a bit tacky.

[Images NY Magazine]

No comments:

Post a Comment